Sunday, November 16, 2008

Half Full/Half Empty

That phrase takes on an entirely new meaning to me. Since our daughter was about 1 we have had everything ready to go to adopt again. She will be 2 next month. We have been waiting for a year to find a child, OUR child. So many people have said things like, "you already have a baby." But right now, at this very moment, I feel half full/half empty. One arm is full and the other one is aching to hold my child again. I say again because I know that I was with their spirit before this life. When Brin was born I told her that it had been a long 20 years without her. The day we met was like a reunion...it's something I look forward to experiencing again and again until I feel like ALL of my babies are home and my arms (and Daniel's) couldn't possibly be empty anymore!

No comments: