Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Can't Do It Alone

So, it's now been 6 weeks since we found out that our birthmom changed her mind and decided to parent her baby. It has been a very long, hard 6 weeks. I have cried many tears and asked many "whys"? I have felt alone and wished that people could understand our loss. But today I realized that although it would be great if people could TRULY understand our loss, the pain is mine to endure to get to the point of healing.

But, I can't do it alone. None of us can, which is why we have been given our family and friends. And our Savior.

You have someone to lean on. Always.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry! My husband and I had two adoptions fall through before we got our sweet little girl. I wish you and your family all the best while you wait for the next baby.

(Thanks for entering the car seat blanket giveaway. Good luck!)

Jason DeMarco said...

I have never adopted, but have had miscarriages. I understand the loss you feel. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug. So, this will just have to do. Check out my friend's blog Adam and Rachel. They also have an adoption link off of theirs.