Wednesday, October 13, 2010

God Found Us You

Tonight I was reading "God Found Us You" to my daughter. There was a page that made me cry and brought back memories,

"Did you ever want to give up?" Little Fox asked.
"Sometimes." Mama said, rubbing Little Fox's cheek with hers. "But I trusted that God knew you, and knew me, and knew when we would fit perfectly together."

In adoption, there seem to be so many roadblocks, so many times that you want to give up. But you don't. And I'm so grateful we didn't.

I asked my daughter if I could tell her again about the first time I met her. "No" she said. I told her anyway. I started crying as I related the beautiful, beautiful day I first saw and held her. She said, "are you crying?!" I told her that I was because I was happy. Then I said that I couldn't believe she was almost 4! She said, "are you going to cry on my birthday?" My reply, "Probably." I will always cry and embarass you sweet girl because you are my miracle and God found us you! Oh, and I'm your mom and it's my job to cry! :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

That is my all-time favorite adoption book (so far:) ). I love it. I read it to Seth the night we brought him home. He slept through it, but I cried because I was finally reading it to my son! Don't you think Mama Fox has a direct link to our emotions?! I always feel like the author must have been an adoptive mother because she knew exactly how I felt.

Sigh.

I'm so glad you are able to be sensitive and cry. That's a good thing in my book. It shows your children that you are passionate about important things, and sensitive to the sweet things.

What a good mom you are.

Meka said...

haha that is so sweet!! I need to get that book!! I always cry when I read my kids "tell me again about the night I was born" but then again I cry during the song on the beginning of the show dinosaur train as well!! If you haven't heard it you have to you tube it, it's sweet!