Monday, July 20, 2009

That Room

We have a 3 bedroom house. For the past 2 and half years we've lived here, our back bedroom has had many purposes. Many, many nights I sat in there and cried about our second baby and not being able to find them. I would wake up in the middle of the night and write in my journal or rock in our rocking chair. I would dream about them, pray for them, plead for them. After one particularly hard loss of a baby we were to raise, we turned the room into our office. Out went the baby furniture, in went the computer, bookshelves, recliner, etc. Those few months felt like a time for me to heal. I didn't go into "that" room and think about a baby because it had another purpose. I would sit in the recliner and read a book or look out the window thinking and talking to God.

Well, about 2 months ago, we received a phone call that made us quickly turn "that" room into a nursery again. And now, in that very room, is a sleeping baby girl. She is our second adoption miracle. She is perfect in every way. We waited a long time for her and now, because of her sweet birthparents and a Gracious God, our hearts, home, arms and "that" room are full again.

6 comments:

Deborah said...

Our hearts are full for you.

Meka said...

Oh my goodness I had no idea!!! Congratulations I am so happy for you guys. I really want to see pictures!!!! YAY!!

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

What a wonderful post! We have "that room" at our house too. Beginning in October it will be finally be used as a nursery. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CJC said...

You make me cry every time I read your blogs. When an ounce of regret or the "what if's" sneaks up I read your blogs and cry and feel the spirit and am humbled by you.

I love you, you are a fabulous mom!

Nishant said...

I really want to see pictures!!!!

Work from home India