Monday, February 23, 2009

The Infinite Power of Hope.

Did you know that it is a commandment to have hope? I spoke in Sacrament meeting yesterday and realized that I was supposed to speak to remind myself about hope. Here is the article I based my talk on. We are taught to "against hope believe in hope."

I saw some crazy minister on tv last night (I know it was Sunday, but it's HGTV's Showdown-how could I miss that?!) Anyway, this minister said that God wants to give us these huge blessings that make us say, "Wow! Who could have ever imagined a blessing that great?!" Which, it's true that He wants to bless us, but we also have to do our part and work at it. So, from now on, I am going to work on having HOPE. I am going to make a CHOICE to allow my faith to overcome my fear and my hope to overcome my despair.

This song is from the Adoption cd "Chosen". It's by Kirsten Millsap and sums it up perfectly.

Hello my name is Hope.
I've lived forever.
And I have made many smile.
Now they have tried to keep me silent
They've sent rain and they've sent fire
But I am strong and enduring
I am eternal
They'll never stop from singing
I know it's hard to believe in something
When it cannot be seen
But my name is hope and if you are listening
Then you will hear me singing
I've held the hands of children
I give them reason to survive
And I can heal the wounds of affliction
Just open your heart, let me come in
Hello my name is hope I spring eternal
Seeds of faith grown in my heart
Hello my name is hope
I'll help you move mountains
If you'll only believe
For with your prayers and the Father willing
Then we will keep on singing.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

You didn't tell me you had to speak in Sacrament. How did it go? I bet it was wonderful considering your topic. You're the expert on hope.

I don't think I've told you, but My Name is Hope is now one of my favorite songs. I listen to it over and over. It's a very special song to me. Thank you.