Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Haven't Met You Yet

A friend told me recently that she misses me updating this blog. Thank you "M", I miss it too.

I am in love with this song, Just Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble. You can't help but feel happy when you hear it. I was listening to the words today and thought that ironically, it sounds like it was written for an parent waiting for their child!

I'm not surprised.
Not everything lasts.
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track.
Talk myself in.
Talk myself out.
I get all worked up, then I let myself down.

I tried so very hard not to lose it.
I came up with a million excuses.
I thought I thought of every possibility.

(Chorus)
And I know someday it'll all work out.
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And promise you, kid, that I'll give so much more than I get.
I just haven't met you yet.

I might have to wait.
I'll never give up.
I guess it's half timing,
And the other half's luck.
Wherever you are.
Whenever it's right.
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.

And I know that we can be so amazing.
And baby your love is gonna change me.
And now I can see every possibility.

(Chorus)

They say all's fair.
In love and war.
But I won't need to fight it.
We'll get it right and
We'll be united.

And someday I know it'll all turn out.
And I'll work to work it out.
Promise you kid, I'll give more than I get.

I just haven't met you yet!

Thinking of this song, in that context, put a huge smile on my face. We do all that we can to get our children here. I have to remember that "It'll all work out!" AND that someone HAS met them, Our Father in Heaven. He knows them and He knows us. "We'll get it right and we'll be united."

2 comments:

Meka said...

I've never really listened to that song, thank you for posting the lyrics how perfect!! Oh and I am so sorry I spelled your name wrong when I emailed you on FB! I meant to email you back and apologize! I hope you keep updating this blog! I have learned so much from it, really!!

Deborah said...

I just heard that song for the first time. I loved it! Thank you for introducing it to me.